Over the past two weeks, Cryoport hosted a webinar series in partnership with SRBT on Infectious Disease and the Infertility Patient with featured speaker Erma Z. Drobnis, PhD.
Two Part Webinar Series: Infectious Disease and the Infertility Patient:
Part 1. Patient Evaluation and Laboratory Safety
Part 2. Fertility Treatment for Infected Patients
- List the four reasons why infectious diseases are of concern in treating infertility patients.
- Identify the disease organisms for which fertility patients embarking on assisted reproduction are currently screened.
- Identify measures to protect clinic personnel when treating patients with viral infections like HIV and HCV and how cross-contamination of patient reproductive tissue is prevented.
- Describe how preventative measures differ between viral infections for serodiscordant couples using fertility services to produce a biologically related child.
- Counsel patients serodiscordant for a viral infection on the risks of proceeding with fertility treatment to produce a biologically related child.