Cryoport recently marked some significant milestones. We are now supporting four commercial biopharma therapies, and a fifth's commercial submission was recently validated by the European Medicines Agency. The number of active clinical trials Cryoport supports is nearing 500 globally. We are on track to open new locations in the U.S. in early 2021, and soon we will offer biostorage, which is becoming more integral as cell and gene research and commercializations ramp up.
These milestones come in the middle of a once-in-a-century, global pandemic that has dramatically changed daily life for billions of people. Our clients are working tirelessly – not only on COVID-19 research for accurate diagnostic testing, treatments and vaccines, but in their continued efforts to address critical and unmet healthcare needs of patients outside of COVID-19. We applaud these organizations for forging through these challenging times to keep progress in healthcare moving forward.
In turn, the global team at Cryoport has continued to work diligently to help our life science clients thrive by supporting their research and commercial goals with our array of best in class temperature-controlled solutions.
To date in 2020, Cryoport has:
- Implemented Veri-Clean™, the first and only validated cleaning and disinfection process in the life science industry to support Chain of Compliance® as well as the recently published ISO TC276 standards for the transportation of cells for therapeutic use.
- Recently launched our new validated C3™ Controlled Room Temperature (15-25ºC) Shipper with near-real time monitoring during shipment.
- Finalized steps to open our first Global Supply Chain Centers in Morris Plains, NJ and Houston, TX, which will include both logistics and bioservices early next year.
- Signed a multi-year partnership with Japan's leading pharma wholesaler and distributor, expanding our reach in the Asia Pacific region.
We remain dedicated to doing all that we can to support the success of our clients – because after all, their success means the improved health of patients around the world. The COVID-19 pandemic makes this mission more important than ever. We continue to proudly support our clients’ crucial work, and we are honored to play a critical role in creating, sustaining, and saving lives.
Read More About the Industry:
- Navigating the New Normal in the Transportation Industry as the Pandemic Continues
- How the Coronavirus Pandemic is Affecting Shipping and Logistics -- and How Cryoport Can Help
- New FDA Guidelines on Gene Therapy IND Process a Significant Step Forward